Saturday, January 19, 2008

Watercolor on Yupo

Honest - Honest! I did not paint this for the big crow frenzy! I had this painting in mind long before the crow feeding frenzy began!

It's based on a song my husband started singing when we were pregnant with our first child - almost 22 years ago! It was about an Old Black Crow, sitting on the fencepost, waiting for the rising of the moon.

I've been experimenting with my watercolors on Yupo - a synthetic paper. The paint "floats" and doesn't sink into the paper and creates the most unusual swirling texture. For this painting I just began sloshing on color. After it dried I looked at it and I saw that it was the perfect background for my "Old Black Crow" painting. There was even a perfect spot for the moon!

Watch for more paintings on Yupo... coming soon in the future of The Creators Palette

The Creators Palette

2 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

So Juicy! You and yupo do well together :)

Jacqueline ELAINE Hays said...

Love how you blend those colors on Yupo!