Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Backyard

(c) M Pruitt 2008

I love living in the Northwest. I love the green. I love the rain. I love the trees and the hills and the great volcanic mountains! When a group on Etsy named VAST - Visual Arts Team had a May challenge of creating something in the theme of "My Backyard" I thought about painting the deer standing among trees and ivy - or with a piece of one of my roses in it's mouth.

But then... the more I thought, the more I realized that my backyard is bigger than just my "property". My backyard is The Columbia Gorge... and all it's beauty. I live less than a mile away from The Columbia River and a Lewis and Clark campsite!

So here's my painting cropped to an 8"x10", representing my backyard titled "The Great Northwest"


1 comment:

Lee Pierce said...

Melanie,
This is really neat with a wonderful variety of greens but my favorite part is the sky! It's beautiful! ★ ★ ★